As part of our ongoing commitment to helping clinicians incorporate light therapy into their practice, we offer this resource package with useful clinical tools. These are also included in our new book, A Clinician’s Guide to Using Light Therapy, which offers a simple, step-by-step method for light treatment.
Please feel free to use any of these tools in your clinical practice as needed. However, we would appreciate an acknowledgment or citation to us if they are used in presentations or copied for educational events or other clinical settings. And, please let us know if you have ideas about other resources that we can include in the package.
Raymond W. Lam, MD, FRCPC
Professor and Associate Head for Research
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia
Director, Mood Disorders Centre, UBC Hospital, Vancouver Coastal Health
Executive Chair, Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT)
To open as .pdf file, left button click on the link.
To download, right button click on the link and select Save Target As.
Download the entire Clinician Resource Package
(833K pdf format)
What’s in the Clinician Resource Package?
- Frequently Asked Questions about SAD (patient handout)
- Self-Care Tips for Winter Blues and SAD (patient handout)
- Where to Get a Light Box (patient handout)
- Seasonal Pattern Assessment Questionnaire (SPAQ, screening questionnaire for SAD)
- Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (Ham-D) for SAD (outcome scale)
- PHQ-9 (outcome scale)
- QIDS-SR (outcome scale)
- Morningness-Eveningness Scale (MEQ, chronotype questionnaire)
- Sample Insurance Reimbursement Letter – Word file
- Audit Form for practice management.
- Clinical Update on SAD, by Åsa Westrin and Raymond W. Lam, 2007, Annals of Clinical Psychiatry (journal article)
- Long-term and Preventative Treatment in SAD, by Åsa Westrin and Raymond W. Lam, 2007, CNS Drugs (journal article)
- Update on the Biology of SAD, by Chang-Ho Sohn and Raymond W. Lam, 2005, CNS Spectrums (journal article)
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of Light Therapy versus Fluoxetine in SAD, by Raymond W. Lam and others, 2006, American Journal of Psychiatry (journal article)
- Pathophysiology of SAD, by Raymond W. Lam and Robert D. Levitan, 2000, Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience (journal article)
- How to Use the 10,000 Lux Light Box (patient handout)
- Notes on how to use the SPAQ and HAM-D